JOIN THE REVOLUTION!

Welcome to "SUCCESSPATH SELLING SERVICE ORIENTED SELLING", a site designed to "Revolutionize Your Approach To Sales and Marketing" . Our goals are to offer ideas and resources that will help you make increasingly high levels of income by offering increasingly high levels of service. This site is for corporate sales and marketing professionals, small business owners who sell, and direct marketers. It is for anyone who is tired of the old, manipulative "me first" and "get all you can" methods. Servant sales people sell their products, services, and themselves with refreshing and sometimes radical "How Can I Serve You?" attitudes and strategies. It is our hope to offer new, contemporary, fresh approaches, integrated with timeless principles that will give your customers "WOW" Experiences". In the process we hope to lead you toward tremendous career success, satisfaction, and significance. Topics we cover include all parts of a sales presentation, time management, creativity, people skills, competition, attitude and more... all from our unique "Servant Selling" perspective.



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Attitude Shaping and Shifting: Appreciation Lists



What are your favorite things? Who are the people, places, experiences, and things you appreciate? There is no better way to reshape your perspective on life than to regularly sit down and list the things you value. Sometimes I do this on 3x5 cards at odd moments in a restaurant. Sometimes I use a 8 1/2 x 11 writing pad on the air plane. The discipline of committing these things to paper seems to have more impact on my attitude and outlook than just going over them in my mind. Maybe even put them in a media like our You Tube friend did.

There is a tendency in human nature to look for what’s missing. This is valuable also and that’s where our goals come from. But an excessive focus on what’s missing is a sure recipe for unhappiness. After a time of great loss it’s natural to obsess on what’s missing for a season. Don’t worry about that too much unless you get stuck there for a prolonged period. In those cases, counseling may be helpful to get you moving through the grief process.

Here is a partial list I wrote on a recent plane trip:

My Faith
Susy, my wife
My mom and dad
My 102 year old grandmother
My extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins, step children, and in-laws
My church family and pastor
My friendships all over the United States
USA… Is this a great country or what?
The company that employed me for 15 years
My boss for the last 8 years
Sammy, my Labrador Retriever
Starbucks…. Especially the Green Tea Frappacino and the ambiance
Our house
My library of books
Zip lining in Kauai
Barnes and Noble…. Borders… any bookstore…. New or used
USA Today
Maui Jim Sunglasses
Guacamole with Pico de Gallo
My morning coffee with flaxseed and flavored creamer
Fuggazi (Local Restaurant) especially the Tostada Pizza
California Pizza Kitchen …. Everything
Chipotle …. The burrito bowl
Hang gliding off Look Out Mountain
Pilot G2 Mini Pens
Moleskine for jotting down ideas
3x5 Cards
Movies with popcorn, candy, and soda
Black graphic tees
Zippered Hoodies
Roller Coasters
Flip Flops
Levi 504’s
Google
Blogger and writing
Nike Free Styles
Costco
Target
Almonds and Cranberries all mixed up
Nascar ride at 165 mph
Room and Board Home Furnishings
Business Animals… my stuffed animal collection of business mascots
Crème de mint Altoid Breath Fresheners
Dentyne Ice Chewing Gum
Blackberry
Indoor skydiving
Hampton Inns
Apple Store
Apple and Peanut Butter
Walking mainstreet… especially with Susy
Classic Rock
Lifestyle Fitness Center
PF Chang Lettuce Wraps
Barbeque
My Ipod

From a Servant Selling perspective you might also list your customers and clients. Consider making a list now of the people you have sold products or services to. You might also send them a note of appreciation letting them know how much you value them and their business.

No comments:

Comments On Coaching and Classes

The Purpose of this letter is to describe the benefits I enjoyed from my coaching experience with Dale Cobb. I had a very specific issue, which I needed help getting over the hump with. Our conversations were very helpful in keeping me on track and getting me to the finish line. I believe that Dale is a keen observer of the human condition and has the ability to reflect back an individuals thoughts and goals as one strives for success. I found the services offered by Dale to be timely and effective. In the future, I am sure I will be presented with challenges that require outside assistance. When that time comes,

I will not hesitate to call on Dale for his fresh bright and insightful guidance.


Thank You,
Joe Sexton
Managing Partner
CFR Executive Search
Chicago, Illinois


“Working with Dale has always been rewarding. Dale has always been on the leading edge developing new ways of marketing his products and services. Always willing to try new approaches and follow through... Always convincing.”

Fred Friday, Director of Operations Fundcraft Publishing
Memphis, Tennessee



"Dale has always impressed me with his integrity, marketing insights, compassion and follow through. He thinks outside the box, asks the questions that others fail to ask and has a real heart for training others to be the best they can be. You can count on Dale."

Tim Turner, Owner Turner Strategic
Atlanta, Georgia



“Dale is always the most prepared person in the room. He has the ability to listen and clarify the issue at hand. He is a creative, caring leader. He has always been a joy to work with.”


Beverly Sherman, Owner Creative Connections
Lansing, Michigan


I would like to take the opportunity to offer my recommendation for Dale Cobb. He has the remarkable ability to clearly listen to a problem, understand the issues and suggest a course of action that satisfies the needs of me and my clients. I cannot tell you how many times his advice was precisely what I needed to close a deal or carefully resolve a difficult situation. He is resourceful and creative in his teaching style. Over all he helped me to be more efficient and successful in my career.

Michael Ward

Sacramento, California


It has been an incredible experience for me having you as my coach. As a small business owner I have at times felt isolated and stuck in my own thinking. With your excellent coaching I have been able to expand not only my thinking about existing design practice but about the design and building industry and how I can enlarge my place in it.


Interior Designer
Carmel, California



Dale helped me with exploring perspectives, chunking them down, setting goals, action planning, and overcoming hurdles (professionally and personally). The coaching format has moved me from a dream to implementing an action plan.


Management Consultant
Greenbrae, California



I have found your coaching very helpful. I have been somewhat stuck in my career decisions, but with your understanding and focus I am now moving forward. I am now positive about my direction and the steps I want to take. The coaching has also helped my personal life. I thank you for being there for me now and in the future.

Retired Dentist
Meadow Vista, California


This is one of the most beneficial and rewarding classes I have attended. Thank You.


Comfortable casual feeling....Lots of laughter...Made classes fun and increased learning.


Everything was explained so clearly. I came away from the course having learned a great deal.


Very interesting, I've learned a lot... The material has given me a lot to work with.


I've enjoyed all the sessions and feel I received something from each session to help me be a better person.











Copyright Restrictions and Fair Use

Copyright 2008 Dale Cobb All Rights Reserved

Please feel free to print and use any of the posts for personal growth or for your sales team as long as you prominently display the source. Any attempt to resell the material is strictly prohibited.